3 April 2013

Nicki Minaj Brags About Her Skills

 
In a recent MTV interview, the Young Money raptress boasted that she’s one of the best rappers out there. But there were softer moments too: She also talked about guest features on Ciara’s upcoming album and what it was like having Lil Wayne be the love interest in her “High School” video. 
Nicki may have platinum albums and a judge’s chair on American Idol, but she still thinks she’s underrated — and that sexism may play a role. "I care less about the acceptance and more about me being the lyrical, ill b---h that I am, knowing that I am lyrically better than most of the male rappers out there — yes, I’m gonna say it," she told MTV. "I don’t get the credit that I deserve… Men run the hip hop game, let’s be honest."But Nicki thinks that sexism won’t stop the success of her collaborations with another female musical force: Ciara. She revealed that she may appear on the R&B singer’s upcoming album, twice.

"People are going to love [Ciara's] new album. I love it," she said. "I was supposed to only do one song for her album and I think I’m going to end up doing two because I just love what she’s doing. I’m so proud and I’m really excited for people to hear it."In the meantime, Nicki is keeping her Barbz satisfied with the new video for "High School," from her most recent album, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded.

The video is definitely getting people talking thanks to its steamy scenes between Nicki and her Young Money boss, Lil Wayne. “We kept on laughing the whole time,” she said. “He was like, ‘Stop laughing.’ And I was like, ‘Alright.’ And I would burst out laughing again… Wayne said that we had to kiss. He was like, ‘Yo, one thing that’s gonna sell it is that if we really kiss.’ And I was like, ‘ehhhh.’ Not only is he my boss, but he’s also my brother."But Nicki’s hesitance to smooch her boss definitely didn’t have anything to do with his looks. "Wayne is still so sexy," she said. "I texted Wayne, I was like, ‘Yo, you gon’ have all the chicks back on your…’ when this video come out.
He looks like a piece of art because he’s all tatted up, and it’s just so sexy, black and beautiful."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here