14 June 2013

Cleric Arrested For Using Human Parts For Rituals

The Lagos State Police Command has arrested Gazali Akewadola, a self-proclaimed Islamic cleric and native doctor, for selling human parts.

The 60-year-old suspect was also accused of killing people and using their parts for ritual purposes. The police added that Akewadola was a member of the gang that was recently arrested for exhuming corpses and selling their parts.

PUNCH Metro had reported on May 22, 2013 that the police arrested five members of a syndicate- Jamiu Adeleke, Ajibade Rafiu, Fatai Akiwowo, Kazeem Sanni and Agboola Kolawole – for selling human parts in Owode, Ogun State.

According to Police authorities, Akewadola was nabbed after the five suspects that were initially arrested made confessional statements and led policemen to his hideout. Akewadola, who is presently in custody of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, said he joined the illegitimate business because he needed the money to take care of his eight children.

He said:
“I am an Islamic teacher and a cleric and I own an Islamic school in Owode, Yewa. I am also married with eight lovely children.
“I am also a native doctor. I cure people of ailments and help those who want to become rich quick. I use human parts to prepare charms and concoctions for them.”
When asked if he could sell the parts of his children, he said, “God forbid! I do ritual because the money I make from sales is used for the well-being of my children. Also, if I had killed my children and sold them, it could have aroused suspicion and my relations might expose me but if the people I use for the ritual are brought from far away, it is safer for me and my business.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here