25 July 2013

Carmelo Anthony Shuts Down Thought Of Him Joining L.A Lakers

The Lakers are aiming at clearing as much cap space as they can for the juicy free agent pool in the summer of 2014, and a “source” even said the Lakers are interested in signing both LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony.
Recently a TMZ reporter caught up with Carmelo and asked him about his chances of “hypothetically” becoming a Laker, to which he said, “I don’t speak in those terms.”  The reporter pressed on and asked if Anthony thinks him and LeBron could win together, and the Knicks forward responded, “We just won two gold medals...I mean we play on the USA team so.

Then he was asked if he could see himself wearing “purple and gold,” and Carmelo was being clear with saying, “I doubt it...I’ll stick to the original outfits...red, white, and black...I don’t think you should read between the lines, I don’t think you should do that.” 

Trying to address the issue of Carmelo bringing his talents to L.A. head on, the paparazzo asked if he and LeBron ever secretly talked about forming a “super team together,” and again Anthony shut him down, “I don’t have them conversations.

As addressed by Grantland, the odds of the Lakers being able to make enough cap space to sign both LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony, is fun in theory, but only minutely possible in real life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here