31 July 2013

Janelle Monáe Changes Her Signature Look

It’s a new day and apparently it’s also a brand new Janelle Monáe. The electric singer best known for wearing her hair in the updo sweep she’s coined “The Monáe” and for sporting her signature bright red lips, is switching up her look for her latest video, “Dance Apocalyptic.

The singer may be hard to spot in the clip at first because she’s wearing her mane in a long and loose hairstyle. Monae is also dressed in a softer white, sexy two-piece outfit plus she opts for a very natural looking light pink lipstick shade.

It was so cool to play with my look for the video,” Monée told People.com. “And to showcase to my fans another side of my style which is constantly evolving, just like me.

But have no fear Monáe style fashionistas, Janelle is not at all saying goodbye to her classic “bold and adventurous” look, which was inspired by Dorothy Dandridge.

I love a fresh-faced look, with edgy accents such as highlighting the lips or eyes,” adds Monáe. “I think adding a pop of color to the lips transforms any look.

But don’t plan on seeing the super-foxy soul sister out of her glamorous onstage look anytime soon. Monáe says, “to maintain a sense of balance only my close friends and family get to see what my day-to-day style is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here