17 August 2013

Andrew Silverman Can't Forgive Simon Cowell

The ex-husband of Simon Cowell's pregnant lover said he 'doesn't know' whether he can ever forgive his wife or the X Factor mogul he once called his friend for their affair.

MailOnline approached property millionaire Andrew Silverman, 37, as he left his New York office just hours after agreeing a divorce settlement with his wife Lauren, the mother of his seven-year-old son Adam.

As Lauren, 36, and Cowell, 53, remain very much a couple, Mr Silverman was asked whether he could move on and forgive his wife and friend.

'I'm not in that place right now. I don't know. I'm taking every day at a time, not weeks, not months,' Andrew replied, the strain of the past few weeks clear upon his face.

'It's been a difficult situation, but I think I'm doing the best that I can with the cards that I have been dealt and my priority has been to protect (their son) Adam the whole time. We love him really dearly and we want this not to affect his future. 'I'm a private person, we are a very private family.'

Having agreed a divorce that will see Lauren take an estimated $2million share of the $4million pre-nup she signed before their lavish 2003 New York City wedding - as well as shared custody of their son.

Andrew refused to discuss the settlement, but reiterated: 'My priority is protecting my son. 'Me and my wife, we love the kid to death and want to move on and move forward with our life and on to the next chapter. 'Everything we are doing is for our son, for the best for Adam. It's trying to provide him with as comfortable environment as we can so he can have a normal childhood, so he can grow up and prosper.'

Cowell is now close to finalizing a deal to rent Lauren a $20,000-a-month Manhattan apartment and Mr Silverman said: 'I'm happy this was resolved quickly. I just move forward and try not to look backwards and try to make the best of my life every day.'

A settlement was reached on Wednesday afternoon in New York, and the Silvermans divorce could now be finalized within days.

When asked about his feelings about Cowell and Lauren, Mr Silverman refused to comment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here