28 August 2013

Tracy McGrady Officially Retires From The NBA, Says Hall Of Fame "Doesn't Matter" To Him

Tracy McGrady has been spending the majority of his time playing in China, and while he joined the Spurs during the playoffs last year, T-Mac has decided to officially retire from the NBA.

A 7 time All Star, 2 time All-NBA First team, and 2 time scoring champ he is stepping away from the NBA, but could possibly still play overseas.

When Tracy McGrady announced his retirement from NBA basketball the trendy conversation topic has been whether he belongs in the Hall Of Fame or not.  In an interview with CSN Houston, McGrady was asked point-blank if he deserves to be voted in.

Prefacing his response by saying his numbers match up with other inductees, T-Mac goes onto say that coming from humble beginnings and having the career he had was enough, saying “it really doesn’t matter to me. I’m winning, and I won.

“I think my numbers match up with some of the guys that are in the Hall of Fame.  Whether or not I get in or not, it really doesn’t matter to me. I’m a guy from Auburndale, Florida (with) a population of 10,000 people, grew up in a pretty bad neighborhood, so to me, I’m Hall of Fame just by making it through my career. That’s Hall of Fame to me.  Whether I get in with the league, it really doesn’t matter to me.  I’m winning, and I won.”



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here