14 November 2013

T-Pain Talks Comeback and Negative Use of Auto-Tune

Grammy-winning singer T-Pain recently discussed his hiatus from the music spotlight and just how much of an impact he made with his once-infectious Auto-Tune trend.

According to Pain, his recent absence from the music scene is largely due to him wanting to switch his style up and experiment.

"I went off for a little while trying to reinvent myself and try[ing] to do different music and stuff. Everybody was saying that you need to switch it up," Pain tells XXL on the phone while on the way to the studio in Atlanta. "That was the Revolver album, and it didn't do as good as I wanted it to. People like familiarity. People like to know what is happening. It was only right that I go back to what made me the T-Pain I am today." (XXL Mag)

T-Pain also spoke out on the negative ways his Auto-Tune trend impacted the music biz.

"I changed music completely, so it is good to see that, but it's terrible to see how horrible everybody sounds with it," Pain admits. "I studied my craft, and I make sure I know how it works. I know where it comes from. I knew how Auto-Tune got invented. I studied the technology of it. Everything. Then I used it. But everybody else is slapping it on their voice and saying they got a smash." (XXL Mag)

Earlier this year, Pain hit up SOHH and discussed banking on his own "T-Pain Effect" device.

"I'm all for everyone expressing themselves in any way they want. That's the only thing that has allowed me to have the amazing success that I've had," Pain told SOHH via an exclusive statement. "I made the T-Pain effect because that's what everyone was calling it (auto tune) anyways. I figure I had better capitalize off of it and make my own pitch correction software."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here