2 August 2013

T.I. Says He Would Have Killed George Zimmerman

T.I. is the latest hip-hop artist to speak on George Zimmerman being acquitted for the fatal shooting of teenager Trayvon Martin last year.

Clearly upset by the not guilty verdict, T.I said he would have went to extreme measures if someone took his own son's life.
"Man, it was some bulls**t," said T.I. "My hat goes off to the Martin family, because if it was me and my child, there wouldn't have been no trial. I'd have been on trial. It would've been the trial of the father who killed the man who killed [his child]. That would have been my story. My hat goes off because [the Martin family] are much more clear and level-headed thinkers than [myself]." (News Radio)
Last week, rap star Jay Z admitted the not guilty verdict hit him extremely hard.
"I was really angry, I didn't sleep for two days. I was really angry about it. We all knew it was still a bit of racism in America but for it to be so blatant, if you just ask yourself the question, 'Didn't Travyon have a right to stand his ground?' He was being chased, he fought back. He may have won. That doesn't mean he's a criminal. He won. If you chase me and you try to attack me and I defend myself, how can I be in the wrong? How is that right? This guy went to get some Skittles and go back to watch the All-Star game. He had plans. 'I gonna get this Arizona, these Skittles, and go watch this game.' ... He had no intentions of robbing anyone's home -- it's a thing where it's like a reminder of, 'We still got a long way to go.' It's beautiful because this generation right now, they don't see color in that way. We're a bit removed from those racist feelings." ("The Truth With Elliott Wilson")


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here